WD Green SATA 480GB Internal SSD Solid State Drive – SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch – WDS480G3G0A
WD Green hard drives are designed for use in systems that require cool and quiet operation, as secondary drives in PCs, for external enclosures and other applications for which low noise and low heat are beneficial. These earth-friendly hard drives are ideal for use whenever energy efficiency is needed.
36 Months Bring-In Warranty
Solid state drive – internal
|Drive Transfer Rate||
600 MBps (external)
|Internal Data Rate||
1 x SATA 6 Gb/s
60 mW (active)
1.7 Watt (max read)
1.7 Watt (max write)
26 mW (sleep)
10 mW (DevSleep)
UL, TUV, VCCI, BSMI, FCC, KC, RCM, Morocco, UKCA
|Service & Support||
Limited warranty – 3 years
|Min Operating Temperature||
|Max Operating Temperature||
|Min Storage Temperature||
|Max Storage Temperature||
|Shock Tolerance (operating)||
1500 g @ 0.5 ms half-sine
|Vibration Tolerance (operating)||
5 g @ 10-2000 Hz
|Vibration Tolerance (non-operating)||
4.9 g @ 7-800 Hz
- WD led the industry in creating a category of hard drives that use less power and helps to reduce the world’s energy demands one computer user at a time. With over 90 million WD Green drives sold customers using WD Green drives have saved the planet over 466 million kwh of power – nearly equaling the annual power production of a single coal power plant!
- As a leader in hard drive manufacturing, WD proudly guarantees hard drives are built with 100% conflict free raw materials.
- In addition to being RoHS compliant, all WD Green drives are lead and halogen free, resulting in less pollutants getting into environment.
- WD Green hard drives are built using less rare earth minerals. Reduced power consumption Best-in-class power management technology delivers significant power savings and solid performance.
- WD GreenPower technology yields lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics perfect for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.