WD Red Plus 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5inch Rpm5400 128MB cache Internal HDD Bulk
Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads for SOHO customers, WD Red Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems. Built and tested for up to 8-bay NAS systems, these drives give you the flexibility, versatility, and confidence in storing and sharing your precious home and work files.
36 Months Bring-In Warranty
Hard drive – internal
NASware technology, 24×7 continuous operation, Conventional magnetic recording (CMR)
|Drive Transfer Rate||
600 MBps (external)
|Internal Data Rate||
1 x SATA 6 Gb/s
|Service & Support||
Limited warranty – 3 years
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content with a NAS and WD Red Plus drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices at your home or business. NASware 3.0 technology increases your drives’ compatibility with your existing network and devices.
- Not just any drive will do. Get up to 112TB of capacity in your 8-bay NAS system and with Western Digital’s exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize each and every drive. Built into every WD Red Plus hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
- WD Red Plus drives with NASware technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. Optimized for NAS systems, unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red Plus drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take word for it. WD Red Plus drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing.
- The enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red Plus drive is engineered to tackle 24×7 environments.
- Do right by your NAS and choose the drive purpose-built for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS: Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum performance. Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one, and desktop drives aren’t typically designed and tested under those conditions like WD Red Plus drives are. Error Recovery Controls: WD Red Plus NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red Plus drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.