HP Z2 TWR G9 Intel Core i7-12700 16GB DDR5 1TB PCIe SSD W10P/W11P (EN)
Experience a new level of performance for your professional workflow. The Z2 Tower seamlessly runs multi-threaded apps for fast rendering, simulation, and real-time ray tracing. And when demands change, you have impressive expandability to upgrade.
36 Months Bring-In Warranty
Intel vPro Platform
|Product Form Factor||
HP Tamper Lock
Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) Security Chip
Language: English / region: Europe
Intel Core i7 (12th Gen) 12700
2.1 GHz (P-core) / 1.6 GHz (E-core)
|Max Turbo Speed||
4.9 GHz (P-core) / 3.6 GHz (E-core)
|Number of Cores||
|Max CPU Qty||
|Processor Main Features||
Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0
16 GB / 128 GB (max)
|Cache Per Processor||
DDR5 SDRAM – non-ECC
|Effective Memory Speed||
|Rated Memory Speed||
1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe 5.0 x16 – full-length, full-height
1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe 3.0 x4 – full-length, full-height (x1 mode, open ended)
1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe 3.0 x4 – full-length, full-height (open ended)
1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe 3.0 x16 – full-length, full-height (x4 mode)
3 (total) / 2 (free) x M.2 Card – 2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode)
1 (total) / 1 (free) x M.2 Card – 2230 (PCIe 3.0 x1 mode and Intel CNVi wireless module)
Wake on LAN (WoL), ACPI support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), PXE 2.1 support, Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) 16
1 x 16 GB
1 x 1 TB
PCI Express 4.0 x4
|Controller Interface Type||
RAID 0, RAID 1
Intel UHD Graphics 770
RoHS, FIPS 140-2, WEEE, Common Criteria EAL4+, CECP, SEPA, low halogen
|Localization & Layout||
|Data Link Protocol||
Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
1 (total) / 1 (free) x internal 2.5"
1 (total) / 1 (free) x external 5.25" Slim Line
2 (total) / 2 (free) x internal 3.5"
1 (total) / 1 (free) x external 5.25"
1 x headphones/microphone (1 in front) (CTIA and OMTP headset support)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (4 in front) (one of them is charging)
1 x audio line-in
1 x audio line-out
2 x DisplayPort 1.4
3 x USB 2.0
1 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2
Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
|Security Slot Type||
Kensington security slot
AC 90-269 V (50/60 Hz)
|80 PLUS Certification||
|Power Factor Correction||
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Edition (available through downgrade rights from Windows 11 Pro) + Windows 11 Pro Licence – English
HP Support Assistant, Windows Defender, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, HP Secure Erase, HP Client Catalogue (free download), HP Image Assistant (free download), HP Documentation, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, HP System Software Manager, HP Notifications, HP Privacy Settings, HP Cloud Recovery, HP Performance Advisor (free download), HP QuickDrop, HP Client Management Script Library (free download), HP BIOSphere Gen6, HP Desktop Support Utility, myHP, HP Client Security Manager Gen7, HP Easy Clean, HP Smart Support (free download), Data Science Stack, HP Client Security Suite Gen7, HP Smart Health (free download), HP UWP Pack, HP Manageability Integration Kit Gen4 (free download)
|Service & Support||
Limited warranty – parts and labour – 1 year – on-site
|Min Operating Temperature||
|Max Operating Temperature||
|Humidity Range Operating||
10 – 85% RH (non-condensing)
- Unleash the power of pro graphics and Intel Core processors. Designed for zero throttling so you can render and real-time ray trace without lags.
- Work with confidence knowing your desktop has undergone very long hours of rigorous testing, military-standard testing, is certified for industry-leading software, and is built to run your heaviest workloads 24/7.
- Elevate your workflow with a VR-ready desktop. Develop lifelike content with professional graphics and processor performance, and transform how you design, train, and collaborate. And when paired with the HP Reverb G2 VR headset, you get stunning immersion with full-resolution rendering.
- Phase change CPU cooling optimizes heat transfer, enabling better performance and greater reliability than traditional liquid cooling solutions.
- Sensors and proprietary algorithms detect when your system is about to heat up, activating the fans to prevent overheating during your toughest projects.
- Z’s thermal technology keeps the processor and graphics card consistently cool, so they can run at max performance without throttling.
- Custom modes let you optimize your system according to your needs, whether you want to ensure peak performance for heavy workloads or reduce fan noise for a quieter work environment.
- Here’s why their TCO Certified, ENERGY STAR awarded and EPEAT assessed Z by HP portfolio helps protect the shared future.