HDD 6TB SATAIII WD Red PRO 7200rpm 256MB for NAS and Servers (5 years warranty)
Joining the original color of NAS, WD Red Pro continues the formula of success that has led the WD Red product family by adding support beyond consumer and small business markets into medium and large 8-16 bay business storage systems. WD Red Pro hard drives integrate WD’s exclusive technology, NASware, to provide unparalleled support for drive compatibility, reliability, and performance.
60 Months Bring-In Warranty
Hard drive – internal
Native Command Queuing (NCQ), Advanced Format technology, 3D Active Balance Plus, Multi-axis shock sensor, 24×7 continuous operation, Error Recovery Control, Conventional magnetic recording (CMR), NASware 3.0 technology, S.M.A.R.T.
|Drive Transfer Rate||
600 MBps (external)
|Internal Data Rate||
10 per 10^14
|Load / Unload Cycles||
1 x SATA 6 Gb/s
7.2 Watt (read)
7.2 Watt (write)
3.7 Watt (idle)
0.4 Watt (standby)
0.4 Watt (sleep)
|Service & Support||
Limited warranty – 5 years
|Min Operating Temperature||
|Max Operating Temperature||
|Min Storage Temperature||
|Max Storage Temperature||
|Shock Tolerance (operating)||
65 g @ 2 ms
|Shock Tolerance (non-operating)||
300 g @ 2 ms
- Designed specifically with SMB customers in mind the WD Red family has expanded with the addition of WD Red Pro, which is available for the 8 to 16 bay medium to large-scale NAS environments. With capacities up to 4 TB, WD Red Pro was engineered to handle the increased workloads from your business.
- The exclusive advanced firmware technology built into every WD Red Pro drive, NASware enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in the demanding NAS environment.
- WD Red is a reflection of the most extensive NAS partner compatibility testing list that is available on the market. That means when you buy a NAS enclosure, you can trust that WD Red will be the most compatible drive available.
- In combination with 3D Active Balance Plus, WD Red Pro also features hardware vibration compensation technology which monitors the drive to correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time, further increasing drive reliability.
- For overall enhanced accuracy for NAS, WD Red Pro is also equipped with dual actuator technology which improves positional accuracy over the data tracks and head positioning. StableTrac technology then secures the motor shaft at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize the drive platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations. Both technologies are important for larger 8 to 16 bay NAS environments.
- WD Red Pro is equipped with a multi-axis shock sensor that automatically detects subtle shock events and dynamic fly height technology which adjusts each read-write function to compensate and protect the data. This combination of technology further protects the drives in large 8 to 16 bay NAS environments and increases drive reliability.
- The 8 to 16 bay NAS environment is very demanding on a hard drive with added vibration, heat and other factors. This is why every WD Red Pro drive is shipped with extended thermal cycle burn-in testing which ensure each drive for extended reliable operation.
- Built specifically for RAID and NAS environments, WD Red Pro drives come equipped with error recovery controls as part of NASware, which prevents the drive from fallout in RAID applications.