1TB WD Black 3.5 SATAIII 64MB 7200rpm (5 years warranty)
This WD Black drive delivers improved performance that heightens the experience in your PC playground. This performance drive offers enhanced features over the previous generation to maximize system performance, allowing you to have more fun creating while spending less time waiting.
60 Months Bring-In Warranty
Hard drive – internal
3.5" x 1/3H
StableTrac, NoTouch ramp load technology, dual processor, Advanced Format technology, S.M.A.R.T.
|Drive Transfer Rate||
600 MBps (external)
|Internal Data Rate||
1 per 10^14
|Load / Unload Cycles||
1 x SATA 6 Gb/s – 7 pin Serial ATA
3.5" x 1/3H
6.8 Watt (read)
6.1 Watt (idle)
0.8 Watt (standby)
0.8 Watt (sleep)
|Service & Support||
Limited warranty – 5 years
|Min Operating Temperature||
|Max Operating Temperature||
65 g @ 2ms (operating) / 350 g @ 2ms (non-operating)
- The WD Black desktop hard drive offers enhanced features that maximize system performance, allowing you to spend more time doing what you love most and less time waiting. WD Black is designed to intensify your PC experience with generous capacity and incredible performance, pushing the boundaries of personalization.
- Underlying its athletic stance of performance and capacity, WD Black features a high resolution controller (HRC) with an improved architectural design, resulting in increased data precision across the hard drive. This translates to superior responsiveness evolving your high definition world to the next level.
- Performance and workstation PCs equipped with high-end components often emit vibrations and acoustics that can reduce the precision and performance of your hard drive. Even the best chassis on the market cannot always compensate against this. The WD Black hard drive features Vibration Control technology (VCT) which allows the disks inside the drive to adapt to any mounting problems or vibration conditions that are inside your case, resulting in increased data accuracy, performance and reliability over time. Put simply, this means you can game harder, faster and longer.
- The worst thing that can happen during a rendering process is losing data due to power fluctuation or power failure. The WD Black hard drive is equipped with Corruption Protection technology (CPT), which helps to protect and limit the potential problem of data loss during power failure or power loss to the hard drive. Overall, Corruption Protection technology can save you time and money on your project.
- When it comes to processing power, more is always better. WD Black features a dual core processor that offers twice the processing power to maximize drive performance. Adding additional value, WD’s Dynamic Cache technology increases performance by improving caching algorithms in real time and optimizing the cache allocation between reads and writes. This results in the drive automatically allocating more cache for read data, which reduces data congestion and increases overall performance.